STEAM Event & Open House
St.Jerome will host a STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) Event and Open House on Sunday January 29, 2017 from 12:00pm-2:00pm.
This is a community event, open to prospective students and current K-3rd graders. Our guests are invited to do an activity in each classroom, with the last stop in Lions Club at the cookie decorating station.
What is STEAM?
- In this climate of economic uncertainty, America is once again turning to innovation as the way to ensure a prosperous future.
- Yet innovation remains tightly coupled with Science, Technology, Engineering and Math – the STEM subjects. Art + Design are poised to transform our economy in the 21st century just as science and technology did in the last century.
- In a rapidly changing world, STEAM is design offer new models for creative problem solving.
- STEAM promotes critical thinking, a key 21st century skill.
- STEAM are the tools and methods offering new models for problem solving, innovative practices and creative thinking.
- Art education teaches the flexible thinking and risk taking that are needed in today’s complex and dynamic world.
- STEAM unlocks creative thinking and innovation.
- STEAM is a pathway to increase U.S. economic competitiveness.
- Distinguish American products in a global market place, and create opportunity for economic growth.
- Becoming a key differentiator for technology startups and products.